Friday, July 10, 2009

The Graduates


<-- "I try to design pieces for both sexes. My design motto is to make witty yet cool and 'fun' designs that can make people smile. For my graduate capsule collection, I named it The Body Collection, a fun study of the human body. My initial inspiration came from artists such as Koen Hauser and Fabrica Files. The collection plays on proportion and body-building aesthetics and contains outfits such as a big body-building parka, as well as shirts and coats that have pockets to represent pecs."
- Kyle (Central st. Martins)


<-- Bright, bold shapes and accompanying prints among Akosua Afriyie-Kumi's collection made sure it was going to stand out. Just the right side of quirky and fun made it wearable too.

- Akosua Afriyie-Kumi, (Kingston University)




<-- "My collection is the representation of my perfect man, who I haven't found..........yet."
- Caroline Jarvis (Central st. Martins)




No comments:

Post a Comment